We no longer host email on our hosting accounts, we do however, offer the far superior Office365. We took this business decision for a few reasons:
- We have a super fast hosting setup, which is costly, therefore using space for client emails is not optimum and can slow down our customers websites.
- Our email service was inferior to that provided by Office 365, we did not use it ourselves, so we could not recommend it to our customers.
- Office 365 email is more secure, has more redundancy, has more backups and many other benefits.
- If your website hosting ever goes down, and it is also the provider of your email, it would also go down. This is a terrible position for a business, particularly if a hard drive dies and important emails are saved there. It is for this reason that we always recommend the domain name, email and hosting are on three separate platforms, this avoids one single point of failure.
- But most of all, our email was far more expensive than Office 365 email despite the fact it was inferior.
We have taken this decision after a great deal of thought, without wanting to let our customers down. Everything our company is based on is "best in class", as we were spending time honing our development and marketing skills to ensure our customer got the best return on investment we really weren't keeping up-to-date with email knowledge (except with HTML emails that we use for marketing).
It is for that reason we are proud to announce our Office 365 partner Maptec IT. Having worked with Maptec for a long period of time, and knowing their owner personally, we were assured that Maptec could take over our clients emails when necessary and provide the top quality service that we couldn't for the day-to-day management of email accounts.