Why we use E-signatures
- To make our clients lives easier
- Previous to us adopting the e-signature system, our clients had to print out a document, sign it, scan it back, and email it back to us. That seemed like a lot of steps for our clients to undertake just to sign a document.
- To save our clients time
- Sometimes in the past we would have to wait for a contract to be signed. Usually this was because the client was not near a printer or scanner, and had to get back to the office to sign the document. This meant that we could not start work on their project until this step had happened. Usually our clients were very busy, and they wanted to get started on their project straight away, so nobody benefited from the process. Not to mention the problems caused by a lack of a printer or scanner and having to send documents back using traditional mail. Our new e-signature process allows clients to sign from anywhere, even their mobile phones.
- Environmentally friendly
- In the old process clients had to print things out just to sign and scan things back in. That process used: paper, printer ink, pen ink, and more electricity. It also had more waste products such as printer ink cartridges. None of it was very environmentally friendly. Using e-signatures has really improved this process.
- To save our clients money
- Our clients no longer have to print, use ink cartridges or electricity. All of which cost our clients money, and were unecessary.
Many countries, like the US, Canada and the EU—including the UK—have passed legislation permitting the legal use of electronic signatures. However, not all electronic signature solutions are equal.
Jellyfish Zoo Ltd (trading as Square Balloon) ensures the legality of electronic signatures by offering the most trusted, reliable and secure digital evidence of any electronic signature company.
Jellyfish Zoo sets the standard for world-class legal protection
- Jellyfish Zoo e-sigantures meet statutes and regulations around the world, and leads the industry in compliance and enforceability. We provide a comprehensive digital audit trail and bank-grade security.
- Jellyfish Zoo e-signatures are designed for global compliance with key components of the European Directive 1999/93 EC on a Community Framework for Electronic Signatures, including the UK Electronic Communication Act.
- Jellyfish Zoo fully enforces consumer consent, unique signature adoption and signature process flow provisions.
- Jellyfish Zoo meets specialized rules from the FDA, FTC FHA, IRS, FINRA, among many others.
- We provide extensive, configurable authentication options to verify the identities of our signers.
- Jellyfish Zoo can provide a court-admissible Certificate of Completion with a comprehensive digital audit trail to confirm the validity of our transactions.
- Jellyfish Zoo utilises industry leading encryption standards, retention and storage practices and data security, so you can count on the integrity of the data to support the legality of your transactions.
Hashing & encryption standards
SHA-1 hashing technology verifies that a document has not been modified and enables you to verify the documents' integrity. Jellyfish Zoo also hashes internally to ensure each time a document is accessed, it has not been modified outside our controls. Jellyfish Zoo's digital signatures secure documents upon completion with a tamper-evident seal.
Retention & storage practices
Jellyfish Zoo's e-signatures comply with the xDTM standard with a comprehensive bank-grade security program, is ISO 27001 certified internationally, along with other important US, EU, and global certifications.
Jellyfish Zoo e-signatures are Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant, as well as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) compliant.